Coordinating Agency responsibilities include:
- Developing comprehensive plans for substance use disorder treatment and rehabilitation as well as prevention services that are consistent with guidelines promulgated by the Michigan Department of Community Health.
- Review and provide recommendations to the Michigan Department of Community Health on licensure applications from treatment and prevention organizations.
- Provide technical assistance to local licensed substance use disorder service organizations.
- Collect and transfer data from local licensed and accredited organizations to the Michigan Department of Community Health.
- Submit an annual budget request for the use of state-administered funds for substance use disorder treatment rehabilitation and prevention in accordance with guidelines established by the Michigan Department of Community Health.
- Allocate funds and make necessary contracts incidental to the performance of duties and execution of its powers. The contracts may be made with public or private agencies, organizations, association and rehabilitation and prevention services.
- Regularly evaluate and assess substance abuse services within the region, considering guidelines established by the Michigan Department of Community Health and re-allocate funds accordingly.